Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Random Entertainment (plus a little statistics)

At this website http://www.myheritage.com/ you can upload photos, and it will tell you what celebrities you resemble. The matches are (obviously) very imprecise and seem to contain a fair amount of randomness. (When I first heard about this site the blogger had uploaded a picture of the actual celebrity and was told that the match was less than 70%.) As such, in order to reduce the noise and increase the precision of my information, I chose to increase the sample size by uploading several pictures of myself and note which celebrities repeated.

So who do I apparently resemble (i.e., who showed up frequently)?

Emma Watson (Hermoine from the Harry Potter movies)
Anthony Hopkins
Scarlett Johansson
David Beckham

I really don't know what to make of all this. The thing I think I found most interesting is the proportion of the matches of different genders. I examined a few other people I had photos of. Some people, like me, were pretty much 50-50 in terms of the gender of the matches. Other people were largely male or largely female in the responses. I am curious if the "gender slant" affects how people percieve you or interact with you (and thus affect how you ultimately behave).

Who do you resemble?

Comments:
lucy liu, and hilary duff. i think it really depends on the picture, and the position of your face, and the angle of the face... and of course, race...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]