Monday, February 27, 2006
Reminder -- What is economics?
Just a reminder, here are some of the basic elements of microeconomics.
1) There are agents or decision makers
2) Each agent must make a decision(s) from a set of possible choices
3) Each agent has preferences over the set of choices, or the agent has an objective.
4) Each agent is constrained in its choices. That is, it faces scarcity, so it can't simply choose whatever it wants. As such, the agent faces tradeoffs.
5) Each agent makes choices to maximize its pursuit of the objectives. That is, it makes choices as long as the benefits of the choice exceed the costs, or, more specifically, as long as the marginal benefit of the choice exceeds the marginal cost.
6) Agents respond to incentives. If something changes the marginal benefits or marginal costs of some behavior, agents will adjust.
7) Further, it may be helpful to recall from your micro classes that agents weigh expected benefits and expected costs when faced with uncertainty and they discount future benefits and future costs when making decisions inter-temporally.
oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet, nike air max, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, christian louboutin, prada handbags, louis vuitton, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin uk, uggs on sale, michael kors handbags, uggs outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, replica watches, ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors, louboutin shoes, gucci handbags, cheap jordans, nike outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, burberry factory outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, uggs on sale, longchamp bags, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, prada outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren polo, tiffany jewelry, christian louboutin, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, nike air max
Thanks for supplying this info
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]