Thursday, March 02, 2006

Bryce's Head Explodes

Essentially my two favorite writers, Malcolm Gladwell and Bill Simmons, exchange and publish emails on my favorite topics -- sports, entertainment, experience, psychology, and economics. Lots of good stuff here even if you don't like sports (although it will likely have more appeal to sports fans).

For those seeking term papers, at the end they are talking about the "contract year" phenomenon -- i.e., that pro-athletes have amazing years the year they renew their contracts. this suggests a large role for effort in sports. To my knowledge, no one has put together the full set of descriptive statistics (although I would be surprised if someone hadn't). I don't think it would be that hard. You could then email Simmons with your term paper and maybe make his column.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]