Sunday, March 05, 2006

Glaeser

Big profile of my advisor, Ed Glaeser, in the NYTimes Magazine today. Check it out.

A quote:

One afternoon last December in his Cambridge office, Glaeser sported a bespoke pinstriped get-up and a pale blue silk tie, which he had tucked into a matching, fully buttoned pinstripe vest draped with the gold fob from his pocket watch. His shoes shone. He seemed to have stepped from a hansom cab, missing only a top hat. As he began to explain some of his recent work on housing prices, his large silver cuff links clinked against the table.

Perhaps the highlight of my 6+ years in Cambridge came when, going to present our paper on housing in Boston to legislative leaders discussed in the paragraph following the excerpt, I received the Ed Glaeser fashion seal of approval -- grey 3-piece suit, white shirt, blue tie (with nice hint of grey), charcoal cashmire overcoat. He'd commented on a previous trip that while I looked good (charcoal pinstriped suit, bright blue shirt, silver and blue tie), I looked too young. As such, no one was going to trust me. The approved 3-piece get up he said made me look like I "was out of the 1950s" and that was good. Good times.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]