Monday, July 03, 2006

Food Genius

Awhile back, I posted about the importance of experience and the experience economy. For me, food is perhaps the ultimate experience. It involves so many senses -- sight, smell, touch, taste, even sound. When I travel now, seeking out new food experiences is one of my top priorities. Visiting Ferran Adria's El Bulli restaurant in Catalonia is at top of my food travel priority list (and, given it is rated as the top restaurant in the world, many other people's as well). A friend who knows him had described the experience to me several years ago, and I'd read about el Bulli and Ferran Adria in various publications, but I just watched the whole 32 course, 5 hour experience on the Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations on the Travel Channel and all I have to say is ... wow! My willingness to pay for such an experience is probably quite high. It is food (and dining out) completely reimagined.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]