Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11

It is hard to believe that it has been 5 years since 9/11. I left the house about 5 minutes before the first plane hit the WTC and went to sit through some training on operating course websites so I could get a password to run the program to assign students to sections. By the time I emerged, the first tower was gone and within minutes of returning home the second had fallen. I spent the rest of the day, like most people, staring at the TV in horror. Over the course of the day, people just started to show up at our house, and the only other memory I have of 9/11 specifically was cooking dinner for the 15 or so people who assembled there.

I am not going to comment on the significance of 9/11 or what's happened since because, frankly, it makes me too angry.

Instead, I will take advantage of the miracle of youtube and let Jon Stewart remind you of that sad, but oddly more hopeful period.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]